It’s Super Bowl Sunday and when my team isn’t playing (not since 1991), I usually pick the team I want to root for based on something completely arbitrary such as which team colors I like more, whichever team is the underdog, or which team has the better looking quarterback. Amirite , ladies?!
The Seattle Seahawks are playing the New England Patriots today (6:30 p.m. EST) at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. Seahawks quarterback, 26-year-old Russell Wilson is facing off against 37-year-old, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. Let's take a look at both of these incredibly talented, good looking men and learn a few fun facts about them.
1. Russell Wilson was born in Cincinnati, Ohio and grew up in Richmond, Virginia. His brother played football and baseball for the University of Richmond.
2. Wilson is a senior editor at The Players' Tribune, a website launched by former New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter.
3. After graduating from high school, Wilson was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the 2007 MLB Draft but elected to attend NC State that fall instead, believing an education was more important.
4. Wilson visits sick children at Seattle Children's Hospital every Tuesday in what has become known as “Blue Tuesdays.”
5. In 2008, Wilson became the first freshman in history to be named the ACC’s First-Team All-Conference quarterback.
1. As a child, Tom Brady's three older sisters would dress him as a girl. "They'd have dolls around the house and make me play with them," he told People magazine.
2. Before becoming an NFL pro player, Brady was drafted as a Major League Baseball catcher by the Montreal Expos in 1995.
3. By his fifth season in the NFL, Brady had won three Super Bowls with the New England Patriots.
4. Brady has more touchdowns than Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman, the two greatest quarterbacks in the history of America’s Team, combined.
5. Brady was chosen as one of People magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People" in 2002 and hosted Saturday Night Live in 2005.