Echostage is Washington DC's largest dedicated concert venue — a massive 30,000 plus sq. ft. club on Queens Chapel Road NE, just north of New York Ave. Echostage has hosted some of the biggest names in EDM such as Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Avicii, Armin van Buuren, Hardwell, Tiesto, and Skrillex.
Here are 7 acts performing at Echostage this summer you absolutely need to see whether you live in the DMV area or you're visiting DC. Each and every one of these artists are so unbelievably talented and their styles range from dreamier beats to brain melting drops.
1. Of Monsters and Men — Of Monsters and Men is a five-member, indie folk-pop band from Iceland, formed in 2010. The band got their big break when they won the Músíktilraunir in 2010, an annual battle of the bands competition in Iceland. (May 5, 2015, $48.60 ; Tickets)
2. Flux Pavilion — Joshua Kierkegaard G. Steele, better known by his stage name Flux Pavilion, is an English dubstep producer and DJ who has been performing since 2008. He is the co-founder of Circus Records, along with Doctor P, DJ Swan-E, and Earl Falconer of UB40. (May 21, 2015; Tickets TBA)
3. Flume — Harley Edward Streten, better known by his stage name Flume, is an Australian electronic music instrumentalist, producer, and DJ. (June 10, 2015, $30; Tickets)
4. Carnage — Diamante Blackmon, better known by his stage name DJ Carnage, or sometimes simply Carnage, is an American Trap and House DJ, and producer from Los Angeles. (June 12, 2015, $TBD; Tickets go on sale Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 1:00 PM EST)
5. Deorro — Erick Orrosquieta, commonly known by his stage name Deorro, is a Mexican American DJ signed to Ultra Records. He formerly used the name TON!C. (June 26, 2015, $30; Tickets)
6. Adventure Club — Adventure Club is a Canadian electronic dance music duo, composed of Christian Srigley and Leighton James. These insanely talented DJs are one of my favorite EDM artists. (July 17, 2015, $TBD; Tickets go on sale Thursday, April 30, 215 at 12:00 PM EST)
7. Milky Chance — Milky Chance is a German folk duo with reggae and electronic music influences made up of Clemens Rehbein (vocals and instrumentals) and Philipp Dausch (production and DJing). (July 27, 2015, $43.45; Tickets)
Artist bios are courtesy of Wikipedia, which mostly means I can neither confirm nor deny their accuracy. Feel free to let me know if I'm missing any artists that should be on this list in the comments below.