I found Peter Jackson’s third and final film in his trilogy adaptation of 'The Hobbit' to be disappointingly lackluster, disappointingly anticlimactic, and, well, just downright disappointing. However, as a lover of everything elven, Peter Jackson, Middle Earth, Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit, I still encourage everyone to watch The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Mostly for the following 12 reasons:
1. Because Thranduil, the Elvenking.
2. Because Thranduil, the King of the Silvan Elves of Mirkwood in the Woodland Realm.
3. Because Thranduil, son of Oropher and father of Legolas. And those eyebrows.
4. Because Thranduil's ferocity.
5. Because Thranduil's side smirk and glorious crown of berries and red leaves.
6. Because who knew anger could look so sexy.
7. Because Thranduil simply radiates beauty.
8. Because are you looking at Thranduil's attire? So fab.
9. Because yes, that is Thranduil riding an ELK.
10. Because Thranduil.
11. Because I'd like to ride that magnificent beast. The elk, people.
12. Because Lee Pace.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies DVD release date is March 24, 2015.